Welcome to ALAB, Wellness & Recovery Center
Coaching and competing for many years, it became more and more apparent that there are quite a few elements missing and not available to your day to day athlete. Why is it that what should be available to everyone, no matter who you are at a cost that fits into everyones budget. So, the dream started.
frustrated with finding the right mixture of environment, equipment to perfect the body for competition, being able to recover properly between sessions, being able to put yourself in the best mindset to give my best on the day and generally keeping myself
What we do
Concept is to provide a high quality facility that focuses on improving some of not just the very technical swim, your by providing facilities for everyone at a more affordable price swim lab, recovery centre and climate control. Together they layout
How can we Help
We've carved it up and broken it down into some key fundamentals.
Our athlete lab Every triathlete and swimmer understands that swimming is a very technical sport and it is hard to improve without the correct way to identify areas of improvement. We have the state of the art pool and associated tools to make this happen.
Our wellness center is equiped with everything you need for your physical and mental recovery. It can be as easy the industry standard float experience, with sauna and plunge pool available. If you are unsure of what is right for, please let us know and we will recommend a solution that will be right up your alley.
We are in the process of completing our new exiting climate control environment that will provide the ability to adapt to any conditions. Imagine, training in an environment that simulates the high altitude of the Colorado rockies [Train high, race low... ]
You ask what is Athlete Lab. If we look at some key elements for an athlete a few things seem to fall through the cracks. Recovery is just as important as the regular workouts that you do. We have the equipment that enables you to put together a recovery protocol that works for you.
If we look at the technicalities we have a unique high performance swim laboratory. Every aspect of your swim can be reviewed and we have the ability to control the environment that will cater for all levels from beginner to elite. We have a multi camera setup to capture everything so nothing will escape. This allows for immediate feedback and/or future analysis for you and your coaches for reference.
Altitude/Climate Chamber [ COMING SOON in 2020 ]
In order to leave no stone unturned, we are able to recreate any condition for you to become better acclimatised to your upcoming event or trip. Have you heard of "train high, race low"?! In essence this is called altitude training. The benefits of training at altitude are well documented and we are able to replicate it here in Canberra.
Basically training at altitude increases the amount of oxygen your body can naturally absorb. The lower oxygen concentration in the Altitude room makes your body work harder without increasing your physical workload making workout sessions more time effective – which, in turn, reduces strain on joints and muscles.
Some better known benefits of training at altitude include
• Increases the amount of oxygen the body can naturally absorb
• Improved athletic ability
• Faster recovery time
• Increased overall fitness
Our wellness center is equiped with everything you need for your physical and mental recovery. There are many things that can be done to improve your recovery. We have state of the art float pool and tank to start that process, and supplement that with Infrared Sauna, hot / cold plunge therapy and some good salt therapy to complete the picture.
- Healing: When faced with injury, many athletes turn too floating to help them recover more quickly and return to the game.
- Pain relief: most athletes deal with injury throughout their lives. Floating gives an instant and immediate release from chronic pain and lingering injury.
- Better sleep: Floating helps improve the quality of sleep, which can be crucial leading up to highly competitive athletic events.
- Stress relief: Like in most professions, athletes perform better when they are not plagued by stress! While performing under pressure is unavoidable for most athletes, floating provides a much-needed escape and enhanced sense of relaxation.
- Increased focus & concentration: The meditative-like state of floating may deserve all the credit for providing athletes a boost of focus and concentration. Studies have found that basketball players threw more free throws and archers performed better after floating, indicating a higher level of mental focus during competition. (3, 4)
- Positive visualisation: We use floating to help promote positive visualisation and mental rehearsal during training sessions.
- whole range of benefits for the mind and body
- decreases anxiety and depression and improves sleep
- lowers stress
- relieves physical pain
- LEARNING & CREATIVITY